New Housing Solutions Service for Kirklees
From 1st April 2013, we are offering a new service called Housing Solutions Service – bringing together Private Sector Housing and the Housing Options and Support Service
What support does Housing Solutions offer?
The service’s main focus is on assisting people to find, keep, maintain and live independently in quality, affordable homes.
Customers can access advice and support which includes:-
- Access to housing information and guidance
- Advice on a range of housing options
- Assessment of housing need including the prevention of and assessment of homelessness
- Information and advice to private sector landlords and tenants and some home owners
- Housing related support to enable vulnerable people to maintain their accommodation.
The service adopts a person centred, creative early intervention / prevention approach to solving housing problems, only turning to compliance action as a last resort.
Where can people access the service?
The service will continue to be provided from the Customer Service Centres, currently Civic Centre 1 in Huddersfield and the Walsh Building in Dewsbury. The service will move to the new Huddersfield Customer Service Centre when it opens in late Spring.
For further information please contact:
Operations Managers: .
Cath McGurk – Access to Housing
Steve Cale – Quality Homes
Lynne Mitchell – Young People and Support
John Marsden – Advice and Assessment
Lisa Allan/Carina Kemp – Access to Housing Solutions Services
Peter Halpenny – Temporary Accommodation
Jeremy Maguire – Access to Private Rented and Compliance
All can be contacted by phoning 221000 or internal 860 1000 and asking for them by name.