Lower Energy Bills for Kirklees Council Housing Tenants and Residents
Kirklees are joining in a recently launched campaign to help people switch to lower cost energy supplies.
Click the link below for further details.
- if you pay by Direct Debit you should be able to save an average of 10% – 15% per year off the cost of your energy bills.
- if you are on a pre-payment meter as long as you have arrears of £500 or less then you can still join the scheme and your savings could be 40%
- You can join the scheme up until April 17th 2013
- For people on a lower income or on benefits this is the only way that you can significantly reduce your energy costs.
- IMPORTANT – to sign up to the scheme you will need a recent energy bill and preferably details of your payments for the last year
- The scheme is NOT suitable for Warm Zone customers.
- The offer is for gas supplies, or gas/electric supplies, but not electricity only.
- Once your offer is made to you, you will have 14 days to decide and then a 7 day cooling off period where you can change your mind. It will then take around four to six weeks for the change of companies to be implemented.
- For the scheme to work a minimum of 3,000 people need to sign up.